psa NOW... Another Voice!
"Street Photography beyond Vivian Meyer"
Find out how Vivian Meyer has effected the photojournalist. She satisfied herself with her photography...but what are the pro's reading into her images. Will we ever really know?
"PSA's first book contest"
How will it fare?
How is this new contest division being handled with 38 book entries from 6 different countries. Those of you attending the PSA Conference in Yellowstone will have a first hand look at the work, creativity, and care that went into these works of art.
psa NOW... News and Reviews
There are a currently a number of bits and pieces in the works for psaNOW and I hope to post at least two of them online each week – So check back and see what rings some bell in your head in matters of PSA and photography.
1) What’s going on at the PSA Yellowstone gathering: From the meetings to the exhibitions to what’s new being sold by Gary Farber of Hunt’s – our longtime supporter of PSA…
2) Why don’t many USA based members enter foreign shows?
3) Why is it that the Journal’s “On My Mind” column is never about photography?
4) The great advantages of using the educational opportunities from Jon Fishback at PSA!
How can they be expanded?
5) Why do so many photos used by PSA, both on the PSA web site and in the PSA Journal, look like they belong in the Plumbers Society of America site. Is there
6) Is it time to consider bringing the PSA annual international exhibition HOME to have it run by headquarters, and make it more prestigious!
7) How is PSA going to deal more efficiently with the growing effects of photo based “meet-ups”
in the US, and the world?
8) There are times when it looks like the old kid’s game of Musical Chairs on a number of the boards within PSA - the Divisions and the Directors – and why in this time of rapidly declining membership numbers does this continue?
9) What groups should PSA link with other than FIAP, RPS, APS and such…?
10) Why are so many PSA meetings secret (they call it ‘closed’) and the minutes of most all of the meetings never posted in full for you, the members, to read?
11) Is this finally the time for the PSA Journal to open its pages which are more useful in today’s diverse and hyper-visual world of photography, where most people always have a camera with them and want to make better images?
12) There are 22 more pieces in the works by me, and 4 by other members at this time –
so take the time to write something for this site: It’s for us all!
If you want to make a comment or ask me about something other than what you see here
and which is about any PSA or photography related areas of concern then take the time to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.